Hiring a real estate professional to guide you through the process of buying a home or selling your house can be one of the best decisions you make!
They are there for you to help with paperwork, explaining the process, negotiations, and helping you with pricing (both when making an offer or setting the right price for your home).
The Realtor who lists your property can and should help you determine what your goals and motivation for selling are. These can play a big factor into when and the price point at which your property is listed. By helping you develop a timeline for putting your property on the market they can also help you determine which repairs and or updates/upgrades will bring you the biggest return when you do put your property up for sale.
I spoke with Ryan Brown, a local Realtor and market expert on the top three things he offers Sellers during their initial consultation.
- Market analysis: a cost-free assessment of your property’s selling potential.
- Would our current market support the price you need to sell it at?
- What a realistic price point would be and an educated estimate of how long it will take your property to sell at that price point.
- Guidance and advice to help you get the most out of your investment.
- Are there things you should/could do to increase the property’s curb appeal that will help you increase the selling potential? Perhaps you were thinking of replacing the entire flooring, wouldn’t it be helpful to know if you could expect a return on that investment, or if you should simply offer a flooring allowance?
- What you can expect from YOUR Realtor. Hiring the Right Realtor who is highly motivated and will give you the level of service you deserve to take the guesswork out of selling your property vs. the Realtor who puts a sign in your yard and sits back waiting for calls.
- Hiring the right Realtor is an essential part of the process. You need someone in your corner that will educate, communicate, and empower you so that once you are under contract they can help guide you through the process of counter offers, inspections, repair requests and timeframe that will keep you “in contract” and close on the sale of your property on time.
The take away: One of the top reasons to hire a real estate professional is their understanding of your local market and how the conditions in your neighborhood will impact your experience.